How to remove header from certain pages in Word 2007

Old August 23rd 07, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dunnotar02

Default How to remove header from certain pages in Word 2007

Hi - Is there an easy way to remove a header from specific pages in my Word
2007 document? I want to remove it from, say, pages 2 and 5, but leave it on
all other pages. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old August 24th 07, 07:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

You could use section breaks and have numbering specific to the various
sections, or you could use nested conditional fields to insert the page
numbers eg

{ IF{ Page } 2 "{ IF{ Page } 5 "Put your header here" }" }

or a calculated field

{ IF{ =({ IF{ PAGE } = 2 1 0 } + { IF{ PAGE } = 5 1 0 }) } = 0 "Put your
header here" }

Use CTRL+F9 for each bracket pair. If you have lots of pages from which you
wish to remove the page number, tyhe second method is easier to use - simply
add + { IF{ PAGE } = n 1 0 } for each page where n is the page number. This
method is illustrated at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com