Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James[_2_] James[_2_] is offline

Default Creating Word PAge Limits

I'm currently developing an application for institution to use online. How
do I format the Word document to a certain page limit. For example, I do not
want the document to be larger then 10 oages after the user has adder their
data. I'm assuming that this is impossible but I thought I would check.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't think what you require is possible, however you could perhaps warn
the users?

Intercept the FileSave/Save As commands in the document template eg - which
will not allow a user to save a document longer than 10 pages.

Sub FileSave()
On Error GoTo UserCancelled:
If ActiveDocument.ComputeStatistics(Statistic:=wdStat isticPages) 10 Then
MsgBox "This document is too long and has not been saved." & vbCr & _
"Reduce the document size to 10 pages or less, and save again", vbCritical,
"Error!"
Exit Sub
End If
ActiveDocument.Save
Exit Sub
UserCancelled:
MsgBox "Cancelled!", vbCritical, ""
End Sub

Sub FileSaveAs()
On Error GoTo UserCancelled:
If ActiveDocument.ComputeStatistics(Statistic:=wdStat isticPages) 10 Then
MsgBox "This document is too long and has not been saved." & vbCr & _
"Reduce the document size to 10 pages or less, and save again", vbCritical,
"Error!"
Exit Sub
End If
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show

James wrote:
I'm currently developing an application for institution to use
online. How do I format the Word document to a certain page limit.
For example, I do not want the document to be larger then 10 pages