how do I set up a shoulder heading and include it in the toc?

Old August 28th 07, 05:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jampye

Default how do I set up a shoulder heading and include it in the toc?

I want to use a shoulder heading and continue the paragraph on the same line.
I want the heading to be included as part of the ToC. Any ideas?
Old August 28th 07, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

In recent versions of Word - certainly 2003 and 2007 - you can apply more
than one style to a paragraph. In this case select the heading and apply the
heading style to be included in the TOC. Only the formatted heading will
appear in the TOC.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 28th 07, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jampye

When I select the heading level, it still places the entire paragraph into
the Toc. When I select the rest of the paragraph to format it as Normal
text, the program changes it to the heading format instead. I am using 2003.
I have 2007 but I do not like it.

Old August 28th 07, 09:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Put your cursor in the paragraph. Select the normal paragraph style. This
will format the whole paragraph as normal style. Select just the part you
want as a heading and select the Heading style. Only that part of the
paragraph will be formatted as Heading and only that part of the paragraph
will appear in your TOC.