Multi-level list and style in Word 2007

Old August 29th 07, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pygmalion

Default Multi-level list and style in Word 2007

I have my own set of styles and in Word 2000 I have defined multi-
level list for it. Now I want to change multi-level list for a bit,
but I do not know how. I found out where can I define a new (changed)
multi-level list, but I have no idea how to connect it with my old set
of styles. Any idea?

Thanks, Marko.

Old August 29th 07, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

On the Format menu, click Style. Locate the top-level style in your outline.
Then click Modify, Format, Numbering. You are now at the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog box. Make the desired changes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

ups.com...

Old August 29th 07, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Hmm, apparently you are now using Word 2007. :-)

To edit a numbering scheme in Word 2007: Place the insertion point in a
top-level list item. Click Multilevel List (on the Home tab of the ribbon),
and then choose Define New Multilevel List; this will display the Define New
Multilevel List dialog box, which corresponds to the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog box in previous versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
On the Format menu, click Style. Locate the top-level style in your
outline.
Then click Modify, Format, Numbering. You are now at the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog box. Make the desired changes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

ups.com...

Old August 29th 07, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pygmalion

On 29 avg., 13:52, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Hmm, apparently you are now using Word 2007. :-)

To edit a numbering scheme in Word 2007: Place the insertion point in a
top-level list item. Click Multilevel List (on the Home tab of the ribbon),
and then choose Define New Multilevel List; this will display the Define New
Multilevel List dialog box, which corresponds to the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog box in previous versions.

I know all that, but this procedure will change only one instance of
the style - the one I started the procedure from. All the rest
instances of this style, including a new one, will still have the old
multilevel style.

Old August 30th 07, 12:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Select the problem paragraphs. Press Ctrl+Q to remove any paragraph settings
(including numbering) not in style. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

ups.com...

Old September 3rd 07, 09:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pygmalion

On 30 avg., 13:36, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Select the problem paragraphs. Press Ctrl+Q to remove any paragraph settings
(including numbering) not in style. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 29 avg., 13:52, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Hmm, apparently you are now using Word 2007. :-)

To edit a numbering scheme in Word 2007: Place the insertion point in a
top-level list item. Click Multilevel List (on the Home tab of the
ribbon),
and then choose Define New Multilevel List; this will display the Define
New
Multilevel List dialog box, which corresponds to the Customize Outline
Numbered List dialog box in previous versions.

I know all that, but this procedure will change only one instance of
the style - the one I started the procedure from. All the rest
instances of this style, including a new one, will still have the old
multilevel style.

I do not know what exactly you mean, but going to paragraph with an
old multilevel style and Ctrl-Q it makes nothing.

Marko

Old September 3rd 07, 09:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Strange. It should be working, assuming that numbering is correctly attached
to paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 30 avg., 13:36, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Select the problem paragraphs. Press Ctrl+Q to remove any paragraph
settings
(including numbering) not in style. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

ups.com...

Old September 3rd 07, 10:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pygmalion

That's the primar question: HOW TO ATTACH NEW NUMBERING TO EXISTING
STYLE. I am able to create a new multilevel numbering, but I am
unable to attach it (more precisely replace the old one) to the style.

Marko.

On 3 sep., 10:42, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Strange. It should be working, assuming that numbering is correctly attached
to paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 30 avg., 13:36, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Select the problem paragraphs. Press Ctrl+Q to remove any paragraph
settings
(including numbering) not in style. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

roups.com...

Old September 3rd 07, 10:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In the Define New Multilevel List dialog box, you can change the numbering
settings and attach styles, the same way that you did it in the Customize
Outline Numbered List dialog box of Word 97-2003. The difference is that you
cannot open the dialog box via the Modify Style dialog box anymore. Instead,
use the Multilevel List button, and click Define New Multilevel List (I'm
aware that the wording of the command is misleading).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message
ups.com...
That's the primar question: HOW TO ATTACH NEW NUMBERING TO EXISTING
STYLE. I am able to create a new multilevel numbering, but I am
unable to attach it (more precisely replace the old one) to the style.

Marko.

On 3 sep., 10:42, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Strange. It should be working, assuming that numbering is correctly
attached
to paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pygmalion" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 30 avg., 13:36, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
Select the problem paragraphs. Press Ctrl+Q to remove any paragraph
settings
(including numbering) not in style. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

roups.com...

Old September 4th 07, 07:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pygmalion

Oh, gosh. Well, I know all that you wrote and I decided to test the
procedure for the second time. And now it works. I don't know why it
did not work the last time I tried (I think I did all the same), but
it works now. So let's say the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Marko.