how do i type 'less than or equal to'

Old August 30th 07, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa

Default how do i type 'less than or equal to'

How do I type the symbol for "less than or equal to?"
Old August 30th 07, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

There are several ways to do it, but DON'T just underline a greater than or
less than symbol. That can give you problems later.

The wayI always use is Insert - Symbol. Then, with the font set to "Normal
Text" and the subset set to "Mathematical Operators," you should see both the
≤ and the ≥ symbols. Select the one you want and click "Insert."

Another way to do it is to type 2264 and then Alt-X for the less than or
equal to or type 2265 and Alt-X for the greater than or equal to.

I hope this helps.

Fred

Old August 30th 07, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey

If you have more complex mathematical equations and need to use more symboles
you can also use MS Equation.

1- Click where you want to insert the equation.
2- On the Insert menu, click Object, and then click the Create New tab.
3- In the Object type box, click Microsoft Equation 3.0.
it will give you a wide range of mathematical symbols and operators
--
Best regards,
Harvey