How do I insert a Philippine peso sign in Word?

Old September 1st 07, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
si_monette

Default How do I insert a Philippine peso sign in Word?

Old September 1st 07, 05:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. Although the
symbol is U+20B1, you won't find this symbol even in Arial Unicode MS.
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_peso), "Due
to the lack of font support, the symbol is often substituted with a simple
P, a P with one horizontal line instead of two (available as the peseta
sign, U+20A7 (₧), in some fonts), PHP, or PhP."

Old September 1st 07, 06:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You could either use a graphic eg
http://www.ratesfx.com/resources/sym...-peso-sign.png
or you could create the character with EQ fields and to overlay and position
P=. Whichever you use create a formatted autocorrect character entry for
(say) =P

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old September 1st 07, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis[_2_]

You'll need a Unicode typeface that supports the Unicode 20B1
character, which is rare. An alternative is the Unicode 20A7 character
which is slightly more common.

To see if your typeface has it, type 20B1 and then, without spacing,
Alt-X. Then do the same with 20A7 and see if that works.

I didn't get the 20B1 to work, but the 20A7 did (producing a Pts sort
of thing) that often flipped to a different font than the one I was
using -- producing something that was less than attractive.

You may want to consider sticking with the ISO Code PHP or PhP.

Don

P.S. In both those codes, that's a zero after the 2, not a capital O.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:00:01 -0700, si_monette