Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken C Ken C is offline

Default error! not a valid embedded object

Using MS Word when trying to add a clip art picture my users who have limited
access (ie, nonadministrator) get - Error! not a valid embedded object.
When using Publisher they just get empty boxes with red x's in them.
All client pcs are XP Pro sp2 and Office 2003

I have read a bunch of posts that relate to the problem I am having. Most
point to a problem with the path to the cache files. The cache locations in
the registry seem to point to the right places.

This is the basic stuff that i found:
We found a lead to our solution at
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~p...embeddedobject

Inspired by this, we produced a custom adm file to deploy by group policy,
effectively redirecting the requisite cache. So far, it seems to work. Below
is the content of our custom adm file. Otherwise, you can try manually
changing the reg, as indicated at the link above.
I have tried to implement the adm file as mentioned but it doesnt work.