Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heavy Metal Lust Queen Heavy Metal Lust Queen is offline

Default Fonts/formatting in forms not saving

I have created a form in Word 2007 that I have locked/protected the fields on
so that I can easily move throughout the document & only change the fields I
need to. Recently, the fonts & formatting (like underlining & bold) have not
been saving. When I go to open the document after changing all of this stuff,
it is in a completely different font and all of the formatting has
disappeared! Is this a glitch in Word or something? Does anyone know why this
is happening? I have been using & creating forms like this forever & have not
had a problem until upgrading to Office 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Unprotect the document. Then, on the Developer tab, click the Document
Template button (in the Templates group). In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog
box, click the Templates tab. Is "Automatically update document styles"
checked? If so, clear the option. Click OK. Modify the document, for example
by adding and deleting a space, and then save it. Does this help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Heavy Metal Lust Queen" wrote:

I have created a form in Word 2007 that I have locked/protected the fields on
so that I can easily move throughout the document & only change the fields I
need to. Recently, the fonts & formatting (like underlining & bold) have not
been saving. When I go to open the document after changing all of this stuff,
it is in a completely different font and all of the formatting has
disappeared! Is this a glitch in Word or something? Does anyone know why this
is happening? I have been using & creating forms like this forever & have not
had a problem until upgrading to Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heavy Metal Lust Queen[_2_] Heavy Metal Lust Queen[_2_] is offline

Thank your for your response. The box was not checked, and doing what was
suggested didn't change anything. What else would you suggest?

Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Saving Forms TykeUK Microsoft Word Help 4 March 22nd 06 07:42 PM
Saving forms LHM Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 06 02:11 AM
how do i keep fonts when saving word doc as a pdf? deedee05 Microsoft Word Help 2 November 2nd 05 03:21 AM
TOC - formatting, styles, fonts Listrom Microsoft Word Help 4 October 11th 05 08:21 AM
FORMS-problems with formatting fonts and size Cindy M -WordMVP- New Users 0 November 29th 04 02:07 PM