Images in header preview and print faded - Word 2007

Old September 13th 07, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Images in header preview and print faded - Word 2007

I've recently upgraded to Office 2007 and find that when I inseart an
image into a header (in Word 2007) it appears faded. This happens in
the normal layout, the print preview and when I print it

I've gone back and checked on the Office XP that was using previously
and although it appears faded in the print preview, it prints fine
(full). I've also checked with an old box that has Office 97 on it and
it does the same that Word 2007 does (preview faded, print faded)

So
Word 97. Images in header show as faded in print preview and then
print faded
Word XP. Images in header show as faded in print preview and then
print fine
Word 2007. Images in header show as faded in print preview and then
print faded

Am I missing something in Word 2007. I want the images to print with
full brightness/contrast, not faded - can anyone help?

Old September 13th 07, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the help Suzanne -I've checked that and they're not
formatted as either.

I wonder if it's because I'm saving the doc in Word 97-2003 format
rather than docx format. Is it possible than saving in 97-2003 format
makes header images behave as they used to in Office 97, even if the
program that opens them is Word 2000 or XP

On 13 Sep, 04:52, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Make sure you don't have the images formatted as Washout or Watermark (the
Color control on the Picture toolbar).

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

oups.com...