How do I turn off an auto insert of text into a new word 2003?

Old September 15th 07, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Geithmann

Default How do I turn off an auto insert of text into a new word 2003?

Everytime I open a new document in either word 2003 or Outlook 2003 (word is
the editor for Outlook), a paragraph is automatically inserted that I don't
want. How do I turn this off as it appear to have started on its own.