Begin typing a sentence erases the sentence just in front of new s

Old September 20th 07, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Catana

Default Begin typing a sentence erases the sentence just in front of new s

I finish typing a paragraph and then decide to fit a new word or short
sentence inside the paragraph. As I start typing the new sentence, the old
sentence in front of where I am typing begins to delete, letter by letter.

There must be a setting for this but I cant find it.

Thanks in advance.
Old September 21st 07, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brandy

You've accidently pressed the "insert" key. When you hit this key (which is
found on your keyboard ner the "delete" key) while in Word (and most other
word docs) you beking typin in "overwrite" where you are typing directly over
(and thus deleting) the existing characters. If you have word 2003 or
earlier, you will likely see the whe letters "OVR" in the bottom of your
window; simply press the "insert" key again to take you out of overwrite mode.

Old September 21st 07, 12:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Catana

Default Begin typing a sentence erases the sentence just in front of n

Thanks very much . That has been a mystery for a long time.