Delete blank page at master document end without ruining format?

Old October 4th 07, 10:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
peedal

Default Delete blank page at master document end without ruining format?

I have finally successfully merged some separate documents into a master
document with subdocuments. However, I now have a blank page at the end and
when I try to delete it at the Section Break, it messes up all the formatting
of the section previous to it. Help!
Old October 4th 07, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_]

Peedal:

Just as a paragraph mark contains the formatting for the text before it, a
section mark contains the formatting for the material before it. There is
also a "hidden" section break in the last paragraph of all documents.

When you delete a section mark, you cause the section formatting for the
next section to be applied to the material above the section mark you're
deleting.

Try positioning your insertion point in the last paragraph of the document
and making the section formatting identical to the section you want to
preserve. Then when you delete a section mark, the formatting should not
change.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Old October 5th 07, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

For more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom