What is the keystroke to indent?

Old October 4th 07, 03:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gina B.

Default What is the keystroke to indent?

I just want to do a basic indent. For e.g., in doing an address label, after
I type "To:", I'd like to indent and type my address, is there a keystroke to
make this happen? If not, how do you achieve this? Thank you in advance for
any help.
Old October 4th 07, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

TAB (or in a table CTRL+TAB)?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old October 4th 07, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gina B.[_2_]

But that doesn't line up subsequent lines after I return.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

TAB (or in a table CTRL+TAB)?

Old October 4th 07, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules

If you aren't going to set a paragraph setting or create a style for it,
then you'll just have to continue hitting the tab key.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Gina B." wrote in message
But that doesn't line up subsequent lines after I return.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

TAB (or in a table CTRL+TAB)?

Old October 4th 07, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gina B.[_2_]

Bummer! WordPerfect has a simple keystroke for this...have to take that up
with the Word folks I guess. thanks for your reply.

"Gina B." wrote in message
But that doesn't line up subsequent lines after I return.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

TAB (or in a table CTRL+TAB)?

Old October 4th 07, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

If you're looking for something like this:

To: John Smith
123 West Street
Plano, TX 50399

follow Suzanne's suggestion to use Control+T to set the Hanging Indent and
press Shift+Enter at the end of each line. This makes it one continuous
paragraph so it's easier to adjust the amount of indentation using the lower
triangular marker at the left end of the ruler bar - the keystroke applies
the indent in .5" increments with each successive stroke & the next .5" mark
may be too much space.

After the Zip just press Enter as you normally would to go on to another
flush left paragraph. If you *don't* want to continue the Hanging Indent
formatting (and it's arguably better not to) on to the rest of your
paragraphs, just key Shift+Control+T after pressing Enter.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Gina B." wrote in message
But that doesn't line up subsequent lines after I return.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

TAB (or in a table CTRL+TAB)?

Old October 2nd 08, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert T

Is there a means to map a key to this action?
--
Robert Tankersley CDP

Old October 2nd 08, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

Ctrl+M = Indent
Ctrl+T = Hanging Indent

Ctrl+Shft+M = Unindent