Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
michellesyr michellesyr is offline

Default How to make a shortcut to toggle Text boundries on/off

I really like the "view text boundries" feature (ToolsOptionsViewText
boundries) in Word, but I find myself constantly toggling it on and off. I
would like to create a keyboard shortcut in Word for this feature, but cannot
seem to find it in the Commands list (ViewToolbarsCustomizeCommands). Does
anyone know the command for this? I am using Word 2003. Thanks in advance for
your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Because it's an Options choice, you'll probably need a macro (which may be
more complex than you imagine). There are a lot of options I'd like to be
able to toggle with a single click, but the closest I've gotten to this is
to add the Options dialog to my Menu Bar so that at least it's just a single
click away.

"michellesyr" wrote in message
I really like the "view text boundries" feature (ToolsOptionsViewText
boundries) in Word, but I find myself constantly toggling it on and off. I
would like to create a keyboard shortcut in Word for this feature, but

cannot
seem to find it in the Commands list (ViewToolbarsCustomizeCommands).

Does
anyone know the command for this? I am using Word 2003. Thanks in advance

for
your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You do need a macro, but it isn't that complex:

Sub ToggleTextBoundaries()
With ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View
.ShowTextBoundaries = Not .ShowTextBoundaries
End With
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you need instructions for
installing it, and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm for
making a button to run it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Because it's an Options choice, you'll probably need a macro (which
may be more complex than you imagine). There are a lot of options I'd
like to be able to toggle with a single click, but the closest I've
gotten to this is to add the Options dialog to my Menu Bar so that at
least it's just a single click away.

"michellesyr" wrote in message
I really like the "view text boundries" feature
(ToolsOptionsViewText boundries) in Word, but I find myself
constantly toggling it on and off. I would like to create a keyboard
shortcut in Word for this feature, but cannot seem to find it in the
Commands list (ViewToolbarsCustomizeCommands). Does anyone know
the command for this? I am using Word 2003. Thanks in advance for
your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
michellesyr michellesyr is offline

Jay,

I installed the macro (which was very easy) and then assigned a shortcut to
it. Thanks so much for your help.

Michelle

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Because it's an Options choice, you'll probably need a macro (which
may be more complex than you imagine). There are a lot of options I'd
like to be able to toggle with a single click, but the closest I've
gotten to this is to add the Options dialog to my Menu Bar so that at
least it's just a single click away.

"michellesyr" wrote in message
I really like the "view text boundries" feature
(ToolsOptionsViewText boundries) in Word, but I find myself
constantly toggling it on and off. I would like to create a keyboard
shortcut in Word for this feature, but cannot seem to find it in the
Commands list (ViewToolbarsCustomizeCommands). Does anyone know
the command for this? I am using Word 2003. Thanks in advance for
your help.

Shortcut to Toggle Table of Contents field on and off Studebaker Microsoft Word Help 3 July 21st 07 10:54 PM
Text Boundries zaher Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 03:03 PM
Create toggle-shortcut Andreas Schleifenbaum New Users 0 July 25th 05 10:42 AM
text boundries albatros Page Layout 3 February 17th 05 05:12 PM
Text Boundries Frustrated Jerry Page Layout 1 December 2nd 04 11:48 PM