Legal Pleading Paper and Line Spacing

Old October 11th 07, 12:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
The DEW

Default Legal Pleading Paper and Line Spacing

When typing the parties in the caption, the lines default to double spaced.
When I convert to single space - the line numbers on the left side of the
pleading also go to single spacing. I need to keep double spacing on the
line numbers on the left but get single spacing in the caption setting forth
the plaintiffs and defendants ..... How do I do this ??? ..... Thanks
Old October 11th 07, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

You might try putting the plaintiffs and defendants in text boxes
formatted as "in front of text". Line spacing in text boxes can be
different from the paragraph the text box is anchored to.

Old October 13th 07, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
The DEW[_2_]

I would think that there should be a more conventional way to solve this
problem than this. I tried this "text box' Fix-it and this doesn't solve the
problem - the line numbers on the left still go to single space when I switch
to single space in the text-box. Surely someone out there must be using this
template and knows how to handle this ...... one cannot file a pleading with
the caption box for the parties double-spaced !!!! Help!

Old October 13th 07, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The only way to accommodate this is the way the MS-supplied pleading
templates do, viz., with double-spaced line numbers in a text box anchored
to the header. It rather makes nonsense of the concept of line numbering if
only every other line is numbered, but you do what you have to do.

Old October 14th 07, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The DEW wrote:

When typing the parties in the caption, the lines default to double spaced.
When I convert to single space - the line numbers on the left side of the
pleading also go to single spacing. I need to keep double spacing on the
line numbers on the left but get single spacing in the caption setting forth
the plaintiffs and defendants ..... How do I do this ??? ..... Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I do legal pleadings all the time and setup custom pleading templates
for my legal clients. I prefer to use tables for the caption, setting
the borders to none so that you don't see the lines of the table.
Then you can format each cell as you like it, and that formatting can
be completely different from the body of the pleading as well. Hope
that helps!

Britt Lorish Knuttgen
President/Legal Technology Consultant
Automated Horizons, Inc.

www.automatedhorizons.net

Old November 19th 07, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kunsesq

How do I access legal pleading line spacing format to create legal documents
(pleadings)? Where is this format, if anywhere, in Windows Vista? I don't
know where to begin and I have a brief that needs to be in by next Tuesday!
New computer, by the way.
--
Knucklehead