Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicholas J Nicholas J is offline

Default Turn off 'insert current date'?

When I create a document with a date (say an agenda for next week) and type
"24 October 2007" a pop-up offers me '2007-10-16 (Press ENTER to Insert'.

If you do press Enter you get "24 October 2007-10-16" which is totally
useless so I have to press space or something instead. Not a huge problem,
but it is very annoying when often pressing Enter is exactly what you want to
do to get to next line.

Is there some way to turn off this 'helpful' feature?

Word 2007, Vista Home Premium.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To turn off AutoComplete in Word 2007, run this code:

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = False

The easiest way is to start the Visual Basic Editor (press Alt+F11), press
Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window, type the code, and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nicholas J" wrote in message
When I create a document with a date (say an agenda for next week) and
type
"24 October 2007" a pop-up offers me '2007-10-16 (Press ENTER to Insert'.

If you do press Enter you get "24 October 2007-10-16" which is totally
useless so I have to press space or something instead. Not a huge problem,
but it is very annoying when often pressing Enter is exactly what you want
do to get to next line.

Is there some way to turn off this 'helpful' feature?

Word 2007, Vista Home Premium.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicholas J Nicholas J is offline

Thanks for the prompt response. Will this turn off all AutoComplete
functionality though?

"Nicholas J" wrote in message
When I create a document with a date (say an agenda for next week) and
type
"24 October 2007" a pop-up offers me '2007-10-16 (Press ENTER to Insert'.

If you do press Enter you get "24 October 2007-10-16" which is totally
useless so I have to press space or something instead. Not a huge problem,
but it is very annoying when often pressing Enter is exactly what you want
do to get to next line.

Is there some way to turn off this 'helpful' feature?

Word 2007, Vista Home Premium.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word 2007, AutoComplete works only for dates, so you won't lose any other
functionality when turning it off. (Especially note that AutoCorrect is not
affected; that's a different feature.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nicholas J" wrote in message
When I create a document with a date (say an agenda for next week) and
type
"24 October 2007" a pop-up offers me '2007-10-16 (Press ENTER to
Insert'.

If you do press Enter you get "24 October 2007-10-16" which is totally
useless so I have to press space or something instead. Not a huge
problem,
but it is very annoying when often pressing Enter is exactly what you
want
do to get to next line.

Is there some way to turn off this 'helpful' feature?

Word 2007, Vista Home Premium.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad I could help. :-)