Underline not showing up

Old October 18th 07, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect

Default Underline not showing up

I have a table with text in one of the cells. I have a line of text on one
line, underlining on the next line to create a space between the third line
of text, like so:

Text
________________

Text

The underlining doesn't show up in normal view, nor does it show up in print
preview. It does, however, print. Why can't I see it in normal and print
preview? Should I use something other than underlining?

Old October 19th 07, 12:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

If you actually drew a line, then drawing objects do not appear in Normal
View, but should show up in Print Preview. If you used a real underline
(from the format Font dialog), then it should show up in all views. If it
doesn't, check that you have the latest driver for your graphics card
installed.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...

Old October 19th 07, 02:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

I used the shift key and the underline key (next to the number 0 on the keyboard). It didn't show up in print preview or normal mode. To use underline in format, font,would I use spaces to make the underlining appear?

Old October 19th 07, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect" wrote:

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

By the way, I'm using Word 2007. Is there a better way to make a signature
line?

Old October 19th 07, 10:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

You can underline using spaces but the final space must be a hard space
(Ctrl+Shift+Space). The best solution is to use a Tab Leader. Check out the
Tab dialog and you can select various Leaders for this.

Terry

Old October 19th 07, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Or you can underline the tab character itself. To insert a tab character in
a table, press Ctrl+Tab.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

If you actually drew a line, then drawing objects do not appear in
Normal
View, but should show up in Print Preview. If you used a real

underline
(from the format Font dialog), then it should show up in all views.

If
it
doesn't, check that you have the latest driver for your graphics card
installed.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
rosoft.com wrote

in
message ...

Old October 25th 07, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

What is a "real" underline?

To me, holding the shift key and pressing shift-_ is underlining.

LB