Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Williams Luke Williams is offline

Default unable to create list of figures

I have many images that I add a figure title to with the insert figure caption.

I am able to generate a list of tables, the table of content but Word cannot
find any figures.....

Help!

Thanks,

L.

Office 2003 WinXPSP2
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the figures are floating (that is, the text wrapping is *not* set to "In
line with text"), the added captions will be in text boxes, which can't be
seen by the table of figures.

To work around this, place each figure "In line with text" in an ordinary
text paragraph, insert the caption in the following paragraph, and then wrap
a frame around the figure and caption; there is an Insert Frame button on
the Forms toolbar. Frames can be positioned via Format | Frame.

(Note that in Word 2007, items in text boxes can be seen by table of
figures/table of contents.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Luke Williams" wrote in message
I have many images that I add a figure title to with the insert figure
caption.

I am able to generate a list of tables, the table of content but Word
cannot
find any figures.....

Help!

Thanks,

L.

Office 2003 WinXPSP2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luke Williams Luke Williams is offline

Thanks Stefan,

That work but now I find that the numbering is wrong... My figures go from
8.1-8.3 then skips 8.4-8.7, then continue from there on.... I can't find any
other figures hidden anywhere...

Suggestions?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Caption numbers are SEQ fields. If you select the whole document and then
press F9 to update the fields, does that fix the issue?

Note also that numbering of SEQ fields inside frames is determined by the
order of the frame anchors, not the frames themselves. If two frames are
anchored to the same paragraph of text, or if the frames are anchored in the
"incorrect" order, drag the anchor to the appropriate paragraph. See also
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/anchors.htm.