Can hyperlinks be formatted to wrap?

Old October 31st 07, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian

Default Can hyperlinks be formatted to wrap?

Is it possible to format hyperlinks so that they automatically wrap or are
hyphenated across two lines? Some of my hyperlinks are quite lengthy, and
they often leave the preceding text orphaned on the previous line.
Old October 31st 07, 08:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You can insert a so-called zero-width space. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NoWidthSpace.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old October 31st 07, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Yes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But will the hyperlinks still work?

so
all may benefit.

Old October 31st 07, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Sorry, I have to take that back, after having performed a quick test. Adding
a zero-width space seems to leave the link intact, but when I'm clicking it
I get an error message. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old October 31st 07, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Apparently, it's getting too late in the afternoon... I just tested again,
and now it seems to work?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Sorry, I have to take that back, after having performed a quick test.
Adding a zero-width space seems to leave the link intact, but when I'm
clicking it I get an error message. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Yes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
But will the hyperlinks still work?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Old October 31st 07, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

An essential principle to remember is that the text displayed in the
hyperlink is NOT necessarily the same as the address to which it links. If
you right-click on the hyperlink, you will see two data fields: "Text to
display" and "Address." As long as the address is correct, the text to be
displayed can say anything. It can break at the end of a line or page. It
can have spaces or hyphens. It can just say "click here." It can say or be
anything.

I hope this helps.

Fred

Old November 1st 07, 12:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Good point. Of course, using an entirely different text as the display text
would look better. However, in this case I assumed the OP wanted both to be
the same.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP