Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scotts Scotts is offline

Default Can't Print 2 Pages per Sheet

Even though I select to have 2 pages per sheet printed, Word still only
prints 1 page per sheet. Why is this happening?

My page layout is 1/2 page and I want to print 2 of those per sheet. It
seems straight forward, though it does not print that way.

-----------------
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scotts Scotts is offline

Thank you, that works.

A couple issues though...if I mail merged 50 letters, that means I would
need to enter 1,2,3,4,5... that's a pain. Secondly, when I mail merge via
my ACT! program, the Pages option does not appear- now that's probably an
ACT! issue, however, it exists.

-----------------
Scott

"Scotts" wrote in message
Even though I select to have 2 pages per sheet printed, Word still only
prints 1 page per sheet. Why is this happening?

My page layout is 1/2 page and I want to print 2 of those per sheet. It
seems straight forward, though it does not print that way.

-----------------
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No, not at all. If you actually have more than one page, then 2 pages per
sheet works as expected. It's only when you want to print two copies of the
same page that you have to enter the page numbers.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to print the page twice. This isn't terribly intuitive, I know,

but
you have to type 1,1 in the Pages box.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Scotts" wrote in message
Even though I select to have 2 pages per sheet printed, Word still

only
prints 1 page per sheet. Why is this happening?

My page layout is 1/2 page and I want to print 2 of those per sheet.

It
seems straight forward, though it does not print that way.

-----------------
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scotts Scotts is offline

Interestly enough, that's what brought me here. The 2 per page printing of
2+ pages did not function 'out of the box'. That function only worked when I
applied the 1,2 tag.

Is there some setting that I should check for the function to normally
occur? Or maybe there;s some special circumstances where 2 per page doesn't
work or might it be my printer driver. I will check for an updated printer
driver.

Thanks again.

-----------------
Scott

"Scotts" wrote in message
Even though I select to have 2 pages per sheet printed, Word still

only
prints 1 page per sheet. Why is this happening?

My page layout is 1/2 page and I want to print 2 of those per sheet.

It
seems straight forward, though it does not print that way.

-----------------
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Okay, let's back up. You say your "page layout is 1/2 page." What does this
mean exactly? I was assuming you were using the "2 pages per sheet" option
in the Page Setup dialog. If that were the case, then you would (at least in
Word 2003) get two pages printed on each sheet automatically when you print
the entire document. If you're trying to use "2 pages per sheet" in the
Print dialog, then this is a different matter; you should still get two
pages per sheet, but they would be reduced. And of course the fact that this
is a merge document complicates the issue, and ACT! very likely complicates
it further. When you create a letter merge, each letter is a separate
section. If you're getting only one letter per sheet, could it be that each
letter has a blank second page? Entering page numbers wouldn't help in this
instance, anyway; you'd have to enter section numbers.