Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dohn dohn is offline

Default Cannot open Word file by double clicking doc file in Explore

When I double click a Word doc in Explore, the Word program will startup and
hang. The document I clicked on will not display. If I open Word and then
open the doc file all works correctly. Until very recently I was able to
double click a doc file in Explore and the file would come up.

I have done an Office 2003 repair and also under the Run command did the
winword.exe /unregserver followed by winword.exe /regserver. None of these
corrected the problem.
Please advise. Hopefully, I do not need to uninstall and reinstall Office
2003.
Thank you for your assistance.
--
joseph1
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried to re-register Word (to restore file assocations)? To do
this, click Start | Run, type winword /r and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP