Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJTyson CJTyson is offline

Default Can read saved docs

I had Word 2003 and Windows XP. Now I have Windows XP and Wood 2007. The 2003
Word documents that I had saved on disk, appear as a bunch of tiny squares on
each page of each document when I try to open them up. How can I access all
my saved files on the disk? The "convert" drop down bar does not appear when
I click on the main file button.
Thanks,
Carolee
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you saying that you saved the files from Word directly to a floppy disk?
If so, you will have just learnt why you should not do that. Rather, you
should always save to a hard disk and then copy the file to a floppy or
other removable media if need be.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CJTyson" wrote in message
I had Word 2003 and Windows XP. Now I have Windows XP and Wood 2007. The
2003
Word documents that I had saved on disk, appear as a bunch of tiny squares
on
each page of each document when I try to open them up. How can I access
all
my saved files on the disk? The "convert" drop down bar does not appear
when
I click on the main file button.
Thanks,
Carolee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJTyson CJTyson is offline

Default Can't read saved docs

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the response., but no - it doesn't help. The files were saved on
my hard drive then backed up on a floppy disk. Then the house burned down,
(literally) but the disk was saved. Now I have a new computer, new version
and older files that I need to access. Please tell me how to fix the problem
- what to do - instead of telling me what not to do.
Thanks,
Carolee

"CJTyson" wrote in message
I had Word 2003 and Windows XP. Now I have Windows XP and Wood 2007. The
2003
Word documents that I had saved on disk, appear as a bunch of tiny squares
on
each page of each document when I try to open them up. How can I access
all
my saved files on the disk? The "convert" drop down bar does not appear
when
I click on the main file button.
Thanks,
Carolee

read only word docs read only Microsoft Word Help 1 October 18th 06 05:15 AM
saved docs dt New Users 1 March 9th 06 04:58 AM
New docs saved as read-only Chris S. Microsoft Word Help 1 February 13th 06 07:25 PM
Document opening as read only when it hasn't been saved as read on Barbara Microsoft Word Help 0 November 16th 05 11:06 AM
Word docs saved as read-only jmacd at VU Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 05 07:57 PM