Can I search for straight quotes (") and exclude curly quotes (“ ”

Old December 8th 07, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric

Default Can I search for straight quotes (") and exclude curly quotes (“ ”

A Find with straight quotes will also find curly quotes. Is there any way to
search for "straight quotes" only, and prevent Word from finding “curly
quotes” ?

Thanks.
Old December 8th 07, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Search for ^034 (double quotes) or ^039 (single quote)

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old December 8th 07, 04:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

In the Insert Symbol dialog, select the character, and look at the
ASCII (decimal) value listed in the lower right corner of the dialog.
Prefix the number with the caret character.

There are a few nonprinting characters that don't appear in the Symbol
dialog, such as paragraph marks, line breaks, and optional hyphens.
For those you can use the codes or numeric values listed on Graham's
page, http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm in the table
titled "Control Codes".

Eric wrote:
A Find with straight quotes will also find curly quotes. Is there
any way to search for "straight quotes" only, and prevent Word from
finding "curly quotes" ?

Thanks.

--
Regards,