Document Information Panel

Old December 10th 07, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
RBear3

Default Document Information Panel

According to microsoft.com "The Document Information Panel makes it easy to
view and edit document properties while you work on your Word document. The
Document Information Panel is displayed at the top of your document in Word.
You can use the Document Information Panel to view and edit both standard
Microsoft Office document properties and properties for files that are saved
to a document management server."

I do not see this at the top of my screen. I have been using Office 2007
for a few weeks now, and have not been able to find this.

Does anyone know how to turn this on?

Our company requires us to enter a few specific items in he file properties,
and I am tired of having to do it by right-clicking the file after I save
it.

--
Thanks!

RBear3
..

Old December 10th 07, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
Beth Melton

If you are looking for the Document Information Panel that displays your
File Properties, click the Office Button, point at Prepare and then click
File Properties. If you need to access the panel frequently then right-click
the File Properties command and then click "Add to Quick Access Toolbar' to
make it more accessible.

Note that if you are using Vista you can enter file properties in the Open
and Save As dialog boxes. You may need to resize the dialog box to access
them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

.

Old December 10th 07, 07:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
RBear3

Beth:

Thanks!

That was exactly what I needed. The "Add to Quick Access Toolbar" tip will
come in handy as well. I was using the "customize" button all the time.
This is much quicker if I know where a feature lives.

--
RBear3
..

Old December 10th 07, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
Summer

Help is an excellent reference -
Go to Word Options button
Prepare