Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRC PRC is offline

Default how do I keep text in a table together across pages in word 2007?

I have a table with text and lines for signatures and the end of a document.
Some contents on the document are dynamic, making the place where the page
break happens unpredictable. Beacuse of that, sometimes half the signatures
table is at the bottom of a page and the other half at the top of the next
page. I need to be able to keep all the lines of that table for the
signatures together. I tried the Paragraph option "Keep lines together" but
that didn't do it.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

PRC wrote:
I have a table with text and lines for signatures and the end of a
document. Some contents on the document are dynamic, making the place
where the page break happens unpredictable. Beacuse of that,
sometimes half the signatures table is at the bottom of a page and
the other half at the top of the next page. I need to be able to keep
all the lines of that table for the signatures together. I tried the
Paragraph option "Keep lines together" but that didn't do it.
Any suggestions are welcome.

That was the wrong one of the two similar choices. You want "Keep with next"
on the last (or only) paragraph of each row to prevent a page break between
rows. Also select the whole table, go to Table Table Properties Row and
uncheck the box for "Allow row to break across pages" to prevent page breaks
within the rows.

More info at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ksInTables.htm. (The
site appears to be down at the moment, but it should be back soon.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman