add an image to the background of Word file

Old December 14th 07, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SOLdesign

Default add an image to the background of Word file

How do I add a NON-MOVING image to a background of a Word 11.3.5 (Mac)
document--to work as stationery??? I've tried everything I can find in the
app, and the online support suggests options that are NOT available when I
follow their steps. I simply want to create a document that a client can use
as stationery, where their logo and contact info is in the background and
doesn't move like an image, with the text.
Old December 14th 07, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you are describing is a watermark. In recent versions of WinWord you
can use the Format | Background | Printed Watermark. I suspect that MacWord
has something similar. If not, see "HOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97
and in Microsoft Word 2000" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324, which describes general
principles you can follow. The basic idea is that a watermark is just an
image anchored to the header, sent Behind Text, and set to Washout (reduced
brightness).

You may also want to see these articles:

How to put a header anywhere on a page
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

How to set up a letter template
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Old December 14th 07, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SOLdesign

Thank you VERY much. The references you sent me to were basically the ones
I'd already looked at. I still didn't find how to do it--as there is NO
watermark option in neither my Mac version nor my PC version... I'll just
keep cursing MS!

Thank you very very much though! This is my first post, and I'll anxiously
turn to this platform to ask questions in the future!

Old December 15th 07, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would have thought that among those articles you would have found out how
to anchor an image to the header and create a watermark. Note, however, that
for Mac questions you may wish to start with the Mac newsgroups (see
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...pid=newsgroups) rather
than these Windows-oriented ones.

Old December 15th 07, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Word 11.3.5 is Word 2004. You should have insert watermark. Also, the
Anchor to Header article should work fine, though you may need to take
it to the MacWord group (which Suzanne linked) for some "translation" of
commands.

Anyhow, if you can't find Insert | Watermark and other commands, try
these steps:

Make sure you didn't accidentally turn on "Word 5.1 Menus". Look under
View to see if there's a check next to that option. If that isn't the
problem:

If you go to Tools | Customize Toolbars/Menus, select the Menu Bar, and
click Reset, it should set all your main menus and built-in toolbars
back to the default.

If you have customized your menus or toolbars, you may want to explore
the Tools | Customize, Commands dialog, and drag the commands you are
missing back to the toolbars/menus yourself, rather than wipe out your
customizations by clicking Reset.

If those don't help, please go post in the MacWord group.
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups