How do I move clip art around a word document??

Old December 19th 07, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gloribee11

Default How do I move clip art around a word document??

To Jay Freedman: Thank you so much for your help. I couldn't find an answer
in Word's help.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

"susiebee" wrote:

I am having a problem moving the clip art around a word document. Sometimes I
get the four headed arrow which allows me to move the clip wherever I want
BUT most of the time I can not get the arrow no matter what I do. I am
running Office XP
Thanks
susiebee

Clipart and other pictures in Word can be either in-line or floating.
When it's in-line, Word treats it like a single character and you can
only drag it to another character position. When it's floating, you
get the four-headed arrow and you can drag it anywhere.

To change from in-line to floating, click the picture so you get the
black border and little black squares around it. If you can't see the
Picture toolbar, use the View Toolbar menu to display it. On the
toolbar, click the Text Wrapping button and select one of the options
such as Square or Tight. Now you can drag the picture around.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?JayFreedman