Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sam Sam is offline

Default Desktop Sharing

I just happened to read Mr. Bill Gates article on how he uses his MS Office.
He had mentioned that he uses three different monitors to do three different
tasks at a given time. I really liked this concept and now i am planning to
implement the same in my office.
My question is: How can i connect two or more monitors using a single CPU so
that i can perform different tasks on different monitors with the main CPU
being the same. I mean is there any software from Microsoft to satisfy my
requirement. i would be really thankful if someone can throw more light on
how to achieve my requirement.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not a Microsoft Word question, which is what this newsgroup is for. But
since you're here, and if your computer's video card supports multiple
monitors, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307873 "How To
Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in Windows XP".

Sam wrote:

I just happened to read Mr. Bill Gates article on how he uses his MS Office.
He had mentioned that he uses three different monitors to do three different
tasks at a given time. I really liked this concept and now i am planning to
implement the same in my office.
My question is: How can i connect two or more monitors using a single CPU so
that i can perform different tasks on different monitors with the main CPU
being the same. I mean is there any software from Microsoft to satisfy my
requirement. i would be really thankful if someone can throw more light on
how to achieve my requirement.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sam Sam is offline

Sorry. i posted my Q in the wrong section.
But anyways thanks for helping me out. The link you provided proved really
helpful.
Cheers!

Sam wrote:

I just happened to read Mr. Bill Gates article on how he uses his MS Office.
He had mentioned that he uses three different monitors to do three different
tasks at a given time. I really liked this concept and now i am planning to
implement the same in my office.
My question is: How can i connect two or more monitors using a single CPU so
that i can perform different tasks on different monitors with the main CPU
being the same. I mean is there any software from Microsoft to satisfy my
requirement. i would be really thankful if someone can throw more light on
how to achieve my requirement.

Thanks!

aliasgar78 aliasgar78 is offline
Junior Member

Visit this link http://www.microsoft.com/athome/orga...id=J8RishlcbLV for dual monitor setup with single CPU. Also, if you are looking for desktop sharing, try using various Desktop Sharing services such as webex, gomeetnow, gotomeeting etc.

Sharing Templates Dee Microsoft Word Help 1 November 8th 07 10:23 PM
sharing styles hbear Page Layout 1 June 11th 07 07:19 PM
Sharing a dictionary ? the friendly display name Microsoft Word Help 0 October 8th 05 06:46 PM
File sharing Pam Microsoft Word Help 4 May 7th 05 04:12 PM
File sharing on the web TJH Microsoft Word Help 2 March 27th 05 05:44 PM