Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GaiaOne GaiaOne is offline

Default Display with Find and Replace

I am using a shortcut key programmed with Find and replace to move from one
marker within the text of a doctument to another. Is there some way I can
disable the display from popping up each time I use this? I just need the
result. I don't need to see it work each time. Getting a bit seasick....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are simply looking for a fixed text then the following macro will
find the next instance from the cursor without popping up the dialog.

Sub FindMyText()
Selection.Find.Execute ("Text to find")
End Sub

GaiaOne wrote:
I am using a shortcut key programmed with Find and replace to move
from one marker within the text of a doctument to another. Is there
some way I can disable the display from popping up each time I use
this? I just need the result. I don't need to see it work each
time. Getting a bit seasick....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GaiaOne GaiaOne is offline

Graham, I'm lost. I just want to be able to pres the F2 key and jump from
one place holder to the next. I am an old DOS macro user trying to convert
the software in my head. I tried what you said, but could only get it to
work if I did the "run macro" thing. I just want a one-keystroke action. Is
this possible in a Windows environment?

GaiaOne wrote:
I am using a shortcut key programmed with Find and replace to move
from one marker within the text of a doctument to another. Is there
some way I can disable the display from popping up each time I use
this? I just need the result. I don't need to see it work each
time. Getting a bit seasick....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Assign the macro to a keyboard shortcut - see
F2 is already assigned - you could re-assign it or choose another shortcut
that has not been assigned eg ALT+F2

GaiaOne wrote:
I am using a shortcut key programmed with Find and replace to move
from one marker within the text of a doctument to another. Is there
some way I can disable the display from popping up each time I use
this? I just need the result. I don't need to see it work each
time. Getting a bit seasick....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

After you find the first occurance you can close the Find dialog box and use
Ctrl+PgDn/PgUp to find the next/previous occurance.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word