How can I make the little backward p dissapear

Old February 22nd 05, 08:09 PM
MAuricio

Default How can I make the little backward p dissapear

Every time I press enter it apeears a backward p in the beggining of the
line, how can I make this dissapear?

Old February 22nd 05, 08:22 PM
Charles Kenyon

These don't print. They may indicate that you are pressing the Enter key for
spacing instead of properly formatting your paragraphs with space before and
space after. I leave their display on because they explain things that would
otherwise be mysteries.

Ctrl - Shift - 8 toggles non-printing characters on and off.
Otherwise, Tools Options View

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old February 22nd 05, 08:37 PM
Chuck Davis

The backward p () is called a pilcrow. You can click on the Show/Hide icon
on the toolbar. When you find that you are having formatting problems, you
can turn them back on.

Old February 23rd 05, 12:51 AM

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for information
on why you would sometimes want to see nonprinting characters.