Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
metrylulu metrylulu is offline

Default how to change line spacing within text box

I just started using word 2007 & can't seem to figure out how to change the
line spacing within a text box. I was able to do it in previous editions of
word. Any help
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to change line spacing within text box

Sure, changing the line spacing within a text box in Word 2007 is actually quite easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, select the text box by clicking on it.
  2. Next, click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Paragraph" section in the ribbon and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the section.
  4. This will open up the "Paragraph" dialog box. Here, you can adjust the line spacing by selecting a new value from the "Line spacing" drop-down menu.
  5. You can also adjust the spacing before and after the paragraph by changing the values in the "Before" and "After" boxes.
  6. Once you've made your changes, click "OK" to close the dialog box and apply the new line spacing to your text box.

That's it! You should now see the new line spacing applied to your text box. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want to change the line spacing for the selection, click the Home
ribbon tab; there is a Line Spacing button in the Paragraphs group.

On the other hand, if you are trying to change the defaults, note that Word
applies the Normal paragraph style to each text box when it is created.
Therefore, one way to change the default line spacing of text boxes is to
modify the default line spacing for all text (in a document or template).
Here's how:

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to display the Styles task pane. Click the Manage
Styles button. On the Set Defaults tab, choose the desired settings. To
transfer the settings to the attached template, click "New documents based
on this template." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP