How to lock header and footer in 2007?

Old January 23rd 08, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stsong

Default How to lock header and footer in 2007?

Hi,

I would like to find out a way to lock header and footer in 2007 version. Is
IRM the only way?
Thanks.
Old January 23rd 08, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

stsong wrote:
Hi,

I would like to find out a way to lock header and footer in 2007
version. Is IRM the only way?
Thanks.

The macros in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm
should still work the same in Word 2007.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old January 29th 08, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stsong

Thanks Jay, I got it to 'sorta' work. Macro needs to be enabled and it does
prevent user from editing the header and footer but user can replace header
and footer entirely. I guess this is the only way?

Old January 29th 08, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Other than threatening bodily harm to anyone who alters the header and
footer g, yes.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

stsong wrote:
Hi,

I would like to find out a way to lock header and footer in 2007
version. Is IRM the only way?
Thanks.

The macros in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm
should still work the same in Word 2007.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.