user forms in templates

Old February 23rd 05, 10:43 PM
Matt

Default user forms in templates

Hello. I have created a User Form which is supposed to run when the user
opens the document.

It worked perfectly when the document was in *.doc format, the user could
open the document any way and the User Form would open.

I saved the document as a *.dot and now if you goto New Templates
Minute, it opens the template up as a new document (which it is supposed to
do), but no User From is displayed.

If you were to open the Template as if you were going to edit it, all work
properly.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thank you in anticipation.

Matt

Old February 24th 05, 12:20 AM
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Yes...move your UserForm.Show call from the ThisDocument_Open even to
the ThisDocument_New event.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine