Insert "sideways" text box outside margins

Old February 1st 08, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick

Default Insert "sideways" text box outside margins

I have a document that is typed in portrait. I want to insert a text box
outside the margins that is in landscape.

Can I do this? If so, how? Thanks!!!!

Rick Staton

Old February 1st 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, you can do this. Have you tried? If so, what problem did you have? If
the text box was inserted In Line With Text, you'll need to change the
wrapping to some other style before you can drag it into the margin. You
then use the Format | Text Direction command to change the orientation of
the text.

Old February 1st 08, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP

Insert the text box and insert the text as usual.

In Word 2007, on the Text Box Tools Format Tab, in the Text group is a
Text Direction command. Continue clicking it until your text is in the
direction desired.

In Word 2003, on the Text Box toolbar, there is a Text Direction
command.

Let us know how it goes.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Rick" wrote in message
:

I have a document that is typed in portrait. I want to insert a text box
outside the margins that is in landscape.

Can I do this? If so, how? Thanks!!!!

Rick Staton
HYPERLINK "rickstaton@verizon. net

Checked by AVG Free Edition.