Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default Hyperlinks -Relative Addresses and Absolute Addresses

Hi ChristinaP,

I haven't the time to give to this right now so a couple of quick thoughts

a) Is the hyperlink definitely relative in the first place?
b) Do you have a hyperlink base set (under F ile Properties)

I assume the answers to the above are yes, and no. So see if it helps if you
update the hyperlink Field (select it and press F9) - I'm not entirely sure
off the top of my head when this needs to be done but it shouldn't ever be
wrong.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"CristinaP" wrote in message
I agree with you, Tony! This is the way it should be! But it isn't! If I

move
the source in another folder the hyperlink shouldn't work - because it's
address is relative! BUT IT DOES! And I don't know why! And if I move both
the source and the target it doesn't work anymore!So.....

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Hyperlinks are normally stored as relative but it isn't always easy to
understand what's going on.

If the source document and the target file are both saved in Folder A

before
the hyperlink is entered, then the hyperlink will be relative and if you
close both files and copy both to Folder B it should still be relative
(pointing to Folder B). You must copy the files outside of Word, though,
doing a Save As will not have the same effect.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"CristinaP" wrote in message
I have a question: I would like to know how I can create a hyperlink

with
relative address to the current folder so that when I copy the entire

folder
on a CD (or any protable device) my hyperlink works normally (no

matter
what
computer I am using to run the CD).
So,for example my hyperlink's path would be " ght.mht " and not "
C:\\....\project\ght.mht ".