Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Keyboard typing odd characters

Hi Jackie,

In Regional Settings, go to the Languages tab and click the Details
button. That gets you to the dialog where you can choose the keyboard
layout to use.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:22:02 -0800, "Jackie D"
wrote:

Hi Suzanne

It's the UK layout that I need - I'm posting from Britain. I suspect then
that I have the US layout. Do you know how I can change it? I've had a look
in Regional Settings but I can't see anything useful.

--

Many thanks
JD

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have probably enabled a UK keyboard layout.

"Jackie D" wrote in message
Does anyone know why when I select the " key the @ symbol appears, and

visa
versa? (I'm using XP home and MS Office 2003)
--

Many thanks
JD