Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Rooney

Default Saving the "newsgroup view" to a file

By "newsgroup view" I'm referring to the list of messages which appears in
the middle of the screen, which has columns for Subject, From, Sent, Size,
etc. and which can be "sorted" in various orders.
Is it possible to save this list to a text file which can be examined later?
In that way one could research topics that were discussed in the past, in
ways that might be superior to what the Find action can do.
In other words, I would like to "redirect" the view to a file, similar to
saying (in the MSDOS box) dir dir.txt .
I know this is a broad question that would apply to all newsgroups. If there
is a more appropriate newsgroup for this question, please redirect me!