Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mrstupid

Default Access to Word - mergin with images

Hi Cindy

thanks for your reply - funnily enough I went to your page last night, and
had high hopes - but i must be still missing something because all i get is a
box with a red cross in the corner. Can you tell me where i might be going
wrong:

i have a merged doc (with my access database) with all the fields i need to
make a Poster (venue, time, date, photoname, etc). I can see as i go from
record to record all the fields changing. So far so good.

i click ctrl F9 for the { } and insert the text:-

IncludePicture "Z:\\Databases\\Images\\ { Mergefield photo \* upper } "

I def have images in that folder, and each records image name is help in the
field 'photo' - e.g. gosfordpark.jpg

It is probably obvious what the problem is but i can't seen it!

Thanks for any help.

Ian
Flicks in the Sticks
Reg Charity No.1075794

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bXJzdHVwaWQ=?=,

I have a database fo 500 events. Sometimes I need to create posters for
these events and I want to have a poster template in word, that asks me which
event to print and bring in the data. So far so good.

However, there is an image field on each record. It is simply the name of an
image and the image is stored in a subdirectory.

Look in the "special merges" section of my website's mail merge FAQ. There are
instructions there on how to set this up.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)