Oz Springs

Alas, I have just bought this book and find that it is for PC Microsoft
Office only - at least the CD is. I use Office 2004 on a Mac

I havenąt opened the CD yet, so can anyone tell me if the templates etc. are
available separately on the CD rather than within the installable MODD? Iąd
be able to open up templates on a Mac, but not use an .exe (if the MODD app
is an .exe)

Thanks for any help

Oz

On 8/1/05 10:31, in article VA.0000a564.00541719@speedy, "Cindy M
-WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi BAndrews,

Word wasn't really meant to do this kind of thing; Publisher or Page Maker are
more what you'd need, I'd think. The only book I've seen that might help you
would be "Microsoft Office Document Designer" by Stephanie Krieger, from MS
Press. It has a lot of ideas on how single pages can be set up for display
(resembling PowerPoint slides, for example) and comes with a CD with sample
pages and tools.

We have been trying to get our heads around the best way to layout docs for
templates such as case studies, newsletters, etc.

We cannot effectively use illustrator for everything. :\

We figured out that drawing canvases help somewhat, but really feel a little
lost with some formatting issues.

Before i go into questions, are there resources that i can send my designers
to so they can get a handle on this? A site called "Word for Illustrator
users" would be cool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org