Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave M

Default User Defined Style Problem - Where to post?

I am currently having a problem that involves a user defined style that I
created for a document a few months back. It was a style that I did to
create levels of indenture for a document I was doing that I wanted to
appear in an outline format.

I am now working on another document that I do NOT want to use the same
styles. However, every time I select a block of text and click on the
"bullets" icon on the Format toolbar, Word changes the style of the selected
paragraph to one of the styles I defined way back when.

I have tried deleting the style from the document, but it comes back if I
try to set the bullets again. The style in question does not appear in my
Normal.dot file.

Ignoring the "What the $&%?" question for now, how does one make the
"bullet" function just add bullet formatting rather than change the
paragraph style? Should I cross/re- post this message to another Microsoft
group?

TIA,
Dave.