Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default unlinking footers

See my reply to your previous post, but note that what you're doing wrong is
inserting the picture in the Section 2 header instead of Section 1.

"Kat" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think I must be doing something in the wrong order.

I would like to have a picture in the header on all my document pages,
but a footer that is blank on page 1 and then has a line (drawing
object) and a page number on the rest of the pages.

I inserted a section page break.
I went to page 2 and unlinked the footer from the first section on page
1.
I went to page 2 and inserted page numbers in the footer, centered,
starting at 2.
I inserted a drawing object in the footer.
I inserted a picture in the page 2 (section 2) header (which still
appears to be linked to section 1)
Picture does not show up in section 1.

I have tried different combinations of this, but haven't stumbled
across the right way yet. I'm sure it can be done, no?

I prefer not to have to paste the picture in twice (to keep file size
to its smallest).

Thanks