Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
S trainer

Default Word 2003 mail merge address block inconsistency

When I use the €˜Address Block feature, I choose one of the options which
will allow 2 people having different last names, to have both their first
names and their own last name on the address label. The problem, is when I
use this option, the result for a single person is that t inserts "The
(fill-in-the-blank) Family", requiring me to go through each of the single
peoples addresses and type their first name and deleting "the" and "family".

How can I have Word do a single merge that will do the label right - a
single person with their first name and last name, and have 2 people with
different last names use both of their first and last names??