Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Why does winword.exe try to access the internet at startup?

You can cut Word off from the Internet if you choose. Press F1 to open the
generic Help pane. Click on Online Content Settings and clear whatever check
boxes you think will help. (This is for Word 2003, but I believe Word 2002
operates similarly.)

"KwiknDirty" wrote in message
Word 2002 SP3

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"KwiknDirty" wrote in message
This is a warning I get from my firewall software and I want to know

if
the
attempt is legitimate or not.