Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Calculations in a mergefield.

Sorry for the confusion. I was posting about this mergefield i was
currently trying to get to work. The annual premium field i was able
to get the input source to give me both Monthly and Annually premiums
so that was how i was able to avoid that one. However, i did the
following to insert the above formula and i still get a Syntax error
when i CTRL-A and hit F9 to update. Here is the verbatim text from the
mergefield, with field codes on. I have no idea why this is giving me
such trouble. I use nested IFs, compares, etc. with no issue, but
cannot get even the simplest Calculation to work.

hit CTRL F9
{}

insert a mergefield
{{MERGEFIELD CoverageLevel}}

add the = and Parenthesis
{ = ({MERGEFIELD CoverageLevel} ) }

add the calculation
{ = ({MERGEFIELD CoverageLevel} / 5000) }

add the formatting to the end ( i use this formatting all over, so it
can't be this)
{ = ({MERGEFIELD CoverageLevel} / 5000) \# "$,0.00" }

I believe that's the same as above, but it still gives me errors.
There has to be something in the order that i'm inserting the
field/calculation/braces that word doesn't like.

I tried Graham's statement as well, but i get a syntax error with that
one too.

Thanks again,

Daryl