Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How do I save already saved document to FLOPPY DISK

I keep wondering about what the repercussions are for folks who have to use
public computers. For example, I'm sure our public library doesn't allow
anyone to save to the HD. They don't even let anyone bring in their own
floppies; users have to buy one from the library and leave it there (fear of
viruses). But I don't think any instructions are given on not saving too
often in Word or closing and reopening frequently to delete temp files. I
suspect most users probably never save at all (except perhaps when they're
done)--just type and print.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
If truth be told - I didn't know that either until I started reading this
group. Since learning how/why it is a bad idea, it makes perfect sense and

make sure that I spread the word amongst my friends and acquaintances.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"cestbarb" wrote in message
news
Glad I read this post, I would never have known not to save directly to

floppy. Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In some versions of Word, with recent updates, you will get an error
message
if you try to save to a removable drive, making this advice even more
problematic.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:25:58 -0600 from Suzanne S. Barnhill
:

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...

Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:58:23 -0800 from E
:
I have a number of documents that I would like to save to
floppy disks. All documents were written on Microsoft Word. I
don't want a hard copy, I would like to save All my documents
to floppy disks. I am runnuing Microsoft Xp ( Home edition)
LapTop

In Word, do File Save As and select your floppy drive.

If the files are already on the hard drive AND WORD IS NOT

RUNNING,
open Windows Explorer, Richt-click on the files, and select Send
To.

I suggest you read (and heed) JoAnn's and Charles's advice.

It's always hard to know when to answer the question that was
actually asked and when to attack ... er, I mean "challenge" the
underlying assumptions.

This time I chose the former. FWIW, I agree that saving to hard drive
and then copying to floppy is a safer procedure, less likely to
result in a lost document.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.