Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Martin UK

Default Protecting form fields after save

We use word forms with various fields to send quotations / estimates etc
to customers. If the completed form is sent via email, the recipient can
edit the fields and view options in drop down lists etc.

I need some way to prevent this - I guess it's as easy as making the
document read only and protecting it with a password, but would ideally
like an idiot proof method, to avoid the possibility of users forgetting
to protect the document prior to sending. It would also need an equally
simple method of unprotecting it again, should the document need
amending.

Thanks in advance

--
Martin UK