Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Default Options do not stick

Hi

Word will store a normal.dot in the folder identified at Tools Options
File Locations User Templates. By default, that is C:\Documents and
Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates.

Most problems of options not sticking are solved by deleting the Data Key as
described at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm.
When you delete that key, Word restores the default settings.

However, make sure you don't have a registry "cleaner" that is "cleaning"
out your Word Data key. We have had several people on this newsgroup
recently using something called CCleaner, which apparently deletes your Word
Data key. So the settings you make will be deleted when it deletes the Word
Data key.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"JustUs" wrote in message
Tools/Options/View ---
Paragraph Marks, Tab, Optional Hyphen, and Text Boundries will not stick
when checked. Has been working fine for months. Now it seems to go away
after
rebooting. Registry entry to change/modify? I have even resaved the Normal
Template - I think. There seems to be more than one location for this
file.
Where should it be for Office XP on a WinXP Pro system?

My customized Menu/Toolbar is working just fine.