Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Default big paragraph spaces when press enter

Try the following:

On the Format menu, click Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is
what you want. Verify that Spacing Before and After are both set to
zero.

On the File menu, click Page Setup. Click the Layout tab. Make sure
that Vertical Alignment is set to "Top".

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Help" wrote in message
I am trying to write a formal letter with default text. Any time i

click the
enter button it creates a massive paragraph space. The problem is

that my
default text is much
longer than the what the default text entry allows. It is more of

longer
paragraph spaces. I have tried formatting of selected text but with

no luck

Can anyone help

I am using Word 2003.