Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default MS Word freezes when a keyboard shortcut is used

I sent a friend of mine that link on Friday. She is NOT computer literate at
all. She called me long distance and was thrilled. She said it took about 10
seconds to fix the problem. She was ready to take her computer to a service
tech and pay $50 just for the diagnosis.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
An apt moniker indeed - you certainly like wasting hours.

If you don't want to modify the registry yourself you could use the fix
he http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/hp.vbs which is
completely
trustworthy.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Wasting Hours of Time"
wrote
in message ...
Thanks for your prompt reply. I found the other relevent forum postings

and
they offer some daunting solutions that involve modifying registry files.

think I'll call MS tomorrow. I'll talk them into fixing it for free. I
found some automatic fixes, but I don't really trust the sites where they
come from.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Just browse the forum. A version of this question has been posted every

few
hours for the past couple of weeks.

"Wasting Hours of Time" Wasting Hours of

wrote in message

When I use the keyboard shortcut Alt - F - A for Save As, the MS Word

2003
stops working. Also, if navigating My Documents after File - Open,

double
clicking on a file folder also stops MS Word 2003. I have already
downloaded
all the updates, done a "repair" and reinstalled MS Office

Professional
Eddition 2003. Nothing seems to work.