Timboo

Rck,

Your quite right, Microsoft seem to be so preoccupied with new features to
entice you onto the next version they overlook the fact that not everyone can
afford the time to spend learning new features. The other issue is that
existing features get modifed or moved, so the skills youve already learnt
are lost upon moving to a new version.

Years ago some software had a basic menu option "Beginner, Intermediate,
Advanced" according to which option you chose, then features and menus
became more advanced, thus basic everyday features were easliy accessible for
the beginner, whilst more advanced options for the guru.

A basic concept that worked well, and more simple than any "personalised
menu" that attempts to hide features that you dont use, even if the likely
hood of using a hidden feature is quite great.

Tim

"rck" wrote:

I used to have this neat little program in DOS called Professional Write. It
was just like using a typewriter and did exactly what I wanted it to do. But
alas, DOS is gone, all in the name of "improving" things. Word drives me
nuts, always hyphenating things I don't want hyphenated, indenting what I
don't want indented, capitalizing what I don't want capitalized and
generally making a mess out of my documents. Is there a way to stop it from
"helping" me?

Bob